GNS Fitness is recruiting several new members to their team. If you have a fitness qualification, are enthusiastic and want to work in a really great team, then we want to hear from you.
Fitness trainers and instructors lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise (exercises for the heart and blood system), strength training, and stretching. They work with people of all ages and skill levels. Meeting requirements consistently and to a high standard to lead to career progression
GNS Fitness trainers and instructors typically do the following:
- Identify Goals and Create Tailored Plans – Identifying client goals (e.g. increase strength, improve fitness, weight loss) and create personalised programs for each client.
- Demonstrate how to carry out various exercises and routines
- Correct clients techniques to minimize injury and improve fitness
- Be prepared for each client sessions including monitor clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed, recording of progress on training cards
- Give alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Record keeping and administration of files, payments and charts both online and off line
- Give clients information or resources about nutrition, weight control, and lifestyle issues. This will primarily be done during one to one assessments with clients. You will also be expected to take measurements such as weight, bodyfat, inch measurements during these assessments.
- You will be a qualified personal trainer/fitness instructor (or equivalent).
- A sound understanding of anatomy, physiology, and exercise is a requirement.
- Good PC skills and experience.
- Strong communication and listening skills are required. Exercise plans must be explained clearly to the client so they understand what they’re doing and why. Personal Trainers must also be able to provide clear and consistent feedback on correct technique.
In addition all staff will be expected to do the following;
- Give emergency first aid if needed
- Adhere to the cleaning policies of GNS Fitness
- Adhere to the health and safety policies of GNS Fitness
- Provide a high level of customer care in dealing with every client
- Meet KPIs that have been agreed with management
- Attend all team meetings and one to one meetings with managers
- Attend training as required
- Complete all paperwork and online systems as required
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role.